A bit about us….
We already create the best plugins and tools for WordPress-based websites that help companies save time, save hassle and make them money. Essentially we create bespoke WordPress templates and plugins that fulfill a specific client purpose.
Every tool we create is designed to be very easy to use without needing to rely on pages of documentation. Our solutions are designed to do the clever stuff automagically so that our clients can focus on what they do best, their business.
Over 70% of our clients return to us at least once to work with us again. Simply because we’re reliable, we can deliver tools that actually work, and we provide outstanding customer service.
We’re experiencing big growth following the launch of a new marketing tool that we released in October last year, and we need a new team member to help us add brand new functionality.
What we’re looking for…
We’re looking for a talented and smart PHP web developer, working from our office in Eastleigh Town Centre (near between Southampton and Winchester), who knows how to write, maintain and extend PHP-based tools for WordPress-based websites. You’ll be improving our existing tools, as well as writing new tools from scratch.
Having an eye for design (not necessarily designing, but having an understanding what looks good) will be required as you’ll be blending new tools into existing website designs.
You should have an insatiable appetite for learning new skills, as well as improving existing ones. If you pay strong attention to detail, and have a passion for creating the best solution (rather than just hacking out a solution), you’re the right one for us.
Basically we’re after a mid-level developer to join us. The more skills you have, the better. However, we will consider all applications sent to us.
What we’re looking for… (the soft-skills bit)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as you will be talking directly to clients regarding their projects.
- You’re willing to ask for help, as well as using your own initiative.
- You’re a creative problem solver – good at finding ways to solve tricky problems.
What we’re looking for… (the techie bit)
- Strong programming ability in PHP/MySQL, with experience of writing PHP code that works with 3rd party APIs.
- Working knowledge of CSS 3.0, HTML4 and ideally HTML5
- You maintain, or have maintained your own WordPress-based website or blog, and therefore have experience of using WordPress.
- An attention to detail for following HTML standards, CSS standards, and our coding quality standards.
So commercial experience is useful but not required. However, you’ll need to be willing to learn how to talk to our customers without scaring them or boring them to death!
In return for your hard work, you’ll get:
A salary of between £18k to £30k (based on experience) – reviewed regularly (based on your performance and the growth of the business). Bonuses for ideas that generate revenue for the company. Paid holiday (28 days including bank holidays), opportunities for training, as well free coffee, tea and soft drinks.
As big as we may seem, we’re only a small company, so there are still a few areas we’re working on. However, in the future, there’ll be a lot more as you grow with the company and help us reach our potential. We can’t pay top market rates, but instead, we have relaxed working hours, fun incentives and cool team stuff every month.
What to expect… the process…
- Start by applying for the role using the form below.
- All applications will be reviewed.
- If you’ve been shortlisted, you’ll be invited for interview and some brief assessments.
- We respond to all applications.
- Following the interview/assessments, we will select a successful candidate.
- Please only apply using the form below.
- This is for a full-time employed role (sorry, we are not looking for freelancers at this time).
- You must be eligible to work in the UK
- No recruitment agents or agencies please. We are already working with an agency, and will not work with any others.
- There is no deadline on this job opening, as we are always looking for good developers. However, we only have 1 position available at this point in time – so be quick!.
- Please ensure the word ‘banana’ appears in your cover letter or CV for your application to be seriously considered. Yes, this is a test.
If you would like to apply, please use the form below.