An easy-to-use plugin that helps you to show off your portfolio of websites, using automatically generated thumbnails and screenshots.
How It Works
If you’re a web designer, search engine optimiser, etc, then you probably have a collection of websites that you’ve worked on. Well WP Portfolio is designed to make it really easy to showcase your work by creating a list of websites along with descriptions and automatically generated thumbnails.
You can create a list of your websites in the admin section of WordPress. You can add a description of your site too. The plugin will then automatically create thumbnails for you in one of 3 different sizes (that you choose). You can also divide your sites up into logical groups too.
2 different ways to use it…
Option 1: – Use WP Portfolio with a free ShrinkTheWeb.com account to automatically create thumbnails for your websites directly from the URL!
Option 2: Upload your own images, and have WP Portfolio automatically resize them for you. This is ideal if you have design work that you’ve done.
How to download WP Portfolio…
You can download the WP Portfolio package directly from WordPress.org, or you can search for ‘WP Portfolio’ from inside the WordPress admin area.
Give us a Great Rating!
There are well over 60 hours of work that have gone into creating WP Portfolio, which of course increases each time we release an update. And we’ve released it for free! So please give WP Portfolio a great rating as a thank you by registering on WordPress.org (if you don’t already have an account) and then leaving a rating of 5 stars (you can do so by clicking on the left of the WP Portfolio Page on WordPress.org).
Before contacting us, please check the WP Portfolio Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) in the first instance. 95% of questions we receive are already answered in the FAQ!
If you cannot resolve your issue from reading the FAQ, then please raise your issue on the WP Portfolio Support Forum. Please do not contact us directly. This ensures your issue gets resolved as quickly as possible.
WP Portfolio Tips and Tricks
A Big Thank You!
Thank you to the following individuals who have paid for features to be implemented into WP Portfolio. These are individuals who wanted featured implemented sooner rather than later and were happy to make a small donation in return for those features being implemented quickly.
- Brad Nix of Real Estate Technology Conference & Expo
- Sponsored Feature: Custom Thumbnails to override screenshots.
- George Serradinho of Serradinho
- Sponsored Feature: PHP bindings to show WP Portfolio from code.
- James Nimon of JNimon Web Design
- Sponsored Feature: Ordering of Websites within a portfolio.
- Ronnie Chatterjee of Evolution in DesignZ
- Sponsored Feature: Paging support (websites over several pages).
- David Cox of Digital Raindrops
- Sponsored Feature: Added support for internal pages when using premium version of .
- The Team at Shrink The Web
- Sponsored Feature: Widget Support, Forced Refresh, Custom Cache Location, Server Compatibility Checklist.
If you’d like to make a donation to me for the development of WP Portfolio, please use the link below. Any donations are greatly appreciated.