Why have a knowledge base?
Having read the book “They Ask, You Answer” by Marcus Sheridan, the key to creating a successful knowledge base on your website is for you to write lots of articles that answer questions that your customers and prospects typically ask.
The big advantage of creating an FAQ or knowledge base using the “They Ask, You Answer” principles, is that it makes it really easy to create SEO-friendly content for your website that’s been shown to attract prospects.
By publishing these answers, you become seen as an honest expert, which helps build rapport with your website visitors before they even pick up the phone or send you an email. Therefore making it easier to convert prospects into customers too!
Easily create a knowledge base using the WordPress features you're used to
- Create your articles and organise them by categories so that they’re easy to find by your website visitors
- You can create unlimited articles for your knowledgebase.
- Give articles a thumbnail image so that they stand out and make your content easier to read
- It’s super-simple to create a great-looking knowledge base landing page where visitors can find articles or search your content.
Create your knowledge base landing page using a simple drag-n-drop layout editor
- You can choose the layout of your knowledge base with 10 different article ways to show lists of articles.
- You can show your most popular, your most recent or any category of articles at the top of the knowledgebase to make sure your visitors see those first.
- If you want to add a block of text or show the search box anywhere on the page, then you can do that too!
Out-of-the-box logging - of searches and which articles are really popular.
- The search logging is all ready to go! It’s designed to give you ideas on what content you need to add or update on your knowledge base.
- The search log will show you your recent searches, recent unsuccessful searches (where no content was found for a phrase) and the most popular search phrases.
- Use the information from searches to give you insight into what your visitors are looking for, so that you can write content that matches their needs!
- Your popular articles will help give you insight into what content is resonating most with your visitors, so that you know which articles to develop in to more content.